Skyfort Playset Installation – Day 15 (4/13)
After getting in a few hours on Saturday after the rain, I did not work on Sunday as usual and then was rained out on Monday. Tuesday we had van troubles and I was not in the mood to continue playset work, so it was Wednesday before I was able to get back into things.
My co-worker Geoff and I had agreed to work again on Monday, but as mentioned earlier, rain. We seem to have a knack for scheduling work days during monsoons. But Wednesday looked like a good day and we were able to get started a bit after work.
First order of business was fixing the bolt hole that was not lining up. We drilled an extra hole and secured the post with bolts.
The next few steps were putting in some of the wall boards to enclose the playset. Here’s Geoff attempting to secure the first vertical board.
That was when we realized Mistake #1. The holes in the vertical board did not line up with the horizontal board. So we moved the horizontal board down to line up with a different board and secured it.
Then we realized that vertical board did not go there (Mistake #2), so we unscrewed it and moved it to where it belongs. Then when we got here, we realized that our horizontal board was right in the first place (Mistake #3), so we had to fix that.
Here you can see the extra holes
We ended up stopping for the day because the next step we needed to do required 1″ wood screws, which we could not find. It was getting dark though so I decided to stop and look for it the next day when it was light out.
Day 11 time: 5 hours (2.5 hours * 2 people)
Total time: 27.5 hours
Mistakes made: 3 today (10 total)
Steps completed: 42-53 (out of 103)
Possibly Related posts:
- Skyfort Playset Installation – Day 4 (4/2) Friday night it stormed pretty good, with some ice / hail thrown in for good measure. I worried as I lay in bed. I mean obviously the playset can’t be hidden from the elements forever, right? It is going to live outside after all! Still, we hadn’t sealed or stained it yet and I worried [...]...
- Skyfort Playset Installation – Day 6 (4/4) Day 5 was Sunday aka a Day of Rest. So no work done until Monday (4/4/11). I had originally coordinated with my coworker Geoff to come over on Saturday. He is also building a playset this summer, so the thought was that we would swap labor – he’d help me on mine, and I’d help [...]...
- Skyfort Playset Installation – Day 11 (4/9) Saturday was a very rainy day. Yup, it pretty much rained ALL DAY. It finally tapered off in the late afternoon, so I was able to work a bit on the playset. So last time you may remember that there was a bit of a problem on Step 32. This bolt was not lining up. [...]...
- Skyfort Playset Installation – Day 21 (4/19) It rained like crazy all day Monday, but luckily it tapered off by the evening so I was able to get another evening’s work in. It was VERY muddy though, and I don’t know why, but the mud was particularly smelly. So everyone enjoyed me I’m sure! First order of business was securing the ladder [...]...
- Skyfort Playset Installation – Day 9 (4/7) They say it’s my birthday!! Doo doo doo doo doo duh doo! But what could be more fun to do on your birthday than continue building a giant playset?!?!? I’m not sure. Now that the playset is out in its “final resting place”, it is a little more challenging to get set up and put [...]...