So, to all negative 5 people besides me that care about my fantasy football team, I thought I would update you on how things went yesterday after my dilemma . Addai and Jacobs in fact did not play. Sproles received 3.38 points, and Morris got 4.30. Larry Johnson for some odd reason THREW a touchdown pass and ended up with 7.75 points, so for most of the day it looked like I made the right call, as Barber was expected to start in the Sunday night game (meaning my other choice of Choice – ooh a good one! – would not be that great). But Choice came in and rushed for like 80 yards and a touchdown in the 4th quarter alone, ending up with 13.15 points. But all in all not a horrible move. Wish I’d have started Bernard Berrian at WR (2 TDs) though….
My opponent is finished and I have DeSean Jackson playing tonight. Though somehow between the end of the Sunday night game and this morning, DeMarcus Ware (for my opponent) magically came up with 7 additional points. So instead of the 5 point deficit I thought I had when I went to bed, I am down 12 (actually 11.77). So I need a big day from Mr. Jackson (like 120 yards and a TD). Good thing he’s playing <a href=”http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/”>a really sucky team</a>…
So this week begins my fantasy football league’s playoffs. Now of course almost nobody outside of the 8 of us really cares, but this is MY blog so I’ll write about it if I want.
After losing my first 2 games, I won 9 of the next 10 to go to 9-3 and first place. I celebrated by losing my last 2 games of the year, leaving me at 9-5 and in 2nd place.
So this week I play another 9-5 team but I have some running back (RB) dilemmas. We are able to start 2, and I have Maurice Jones-Drew solidly in one spot. But I have many options for the #2 spot.
- Joseph Addai. He’d be a great start against the Lions. But…. he hurt his wittle shoulder and won’t play
- Brandon Jacobs. He’s who I’ve been starting for the year. But…. he is also not playing.
- Tashard Choice (DAL). I picked him up recently but it looks like Marion Barber is going to play. Plus this game doesn’t happen till 8:15 making it risky. Of course not that that matters since I have to set my lineup before I leave for church at like 10:30
- Larry Johnson. After doing so well last year and being one of my keepers, he has stunk it up all year.
- Maurice Morris. Another recent pickup – he plays the Rams who stink, but is stuck in a platoon so he might not get many carries.
- Darren Sproles. Plays Larry Johnson and the Chiefs but despite a lot of success, he’s still just the 2nd option behind Tomlinson
I’ve probably had all of these guys in my lineup (except Sproles) at various times during the week but have shifted it around. I currently have Johnson in. I just hope that either I win, or I lose by enough that it wouldn’t have mattered who I started.